As we move into the Year of the Rooster, your home’s feng shui and prosperity points will begin to shift. Fire rooster ruled years tend to be unpredictable and a tad hyperactive, but don’t panic, for the rooster can be highly stimulating, inventive, romantic and exciting too. He likes to strut his stuff!
To attract luck and prosperity in 2017, grab a compass and place a few celestial cures around your home and garden on February 4. Feng shui cures are usually applied on the Solar New Year (which is always February 4) rather than the Lunar New Year (January 28).
Of course, you can place cures at any time in 2017. The principle of ‘better late than never’ applies when it comes to creating good feng shui in your home or office. And don’t forget, the New Year is an ideal time to clear your cupboards and cast out anything that you don’t use or love. If you need help or a Space Clearing click here.
• Residents of east facing homes should attract loads of good luck this year. Place red objects (such as flowers or candles), lamps, crystals or sparkling sun catchers in the eastern part of your home or garden to enhance your good fortune.
• The south east is also extremely lucky this year – great news if your home faces this direction, or your bedroom falls in this compass sector (ooh la la!). Add candles, lamps and splashes of red for extra pizazz.
• If your home or front door faces towards the south, feng shui ‘cures’ should be placed to harmonise the energy. Metal windchimes, bells, red objects and lucky bamboo should all work well. Avoid crystals or water features here (just for this year). Consider setting up a salt water cure for extra protection. Click here for instructions.
• To attract love and romance keep your home’s south west as clean and attractive as possible – and this year, avoid too much renovating, metal (such as wind chimes) or water in this sector. Display romantic images, burn sweet smelling oils, plant herbs, display flowers (silk are fine), or simply throw open the curtains and let the sunlight stream in.
• Flower essence drops are helpful for many people, particularly in times of change and transition. Check out a few suggested blends under your star sign forecast.
Wishing you a wonderful new year, Jenny x
PS If you’re interested in feng shui or want to lift the the vibe at home, click here